Valentine’s Day is just around the corner!
It’s that month again when we’re entitled to have as much chocolate as we like! We have put together a little recipe of guilt-free Chocolate Brownies for Valentine’s Day for all you chocolate lovers. Not only is it gluten free, but it also has a secret ingredient – black and white beans! We’ve tested it and found to it to be super delicious and the beans did not alter the flavour of the brownie. It’s perfect to make at home or even try it for a resident on a gluten free diet! We’ve added the recipe to our Features page with the instructions and the nutrition facts label – all created using Diet Kontrol. Check it out on our Features Page and let us know what you think!
Some Fun Facts on Chocolate & Valentine’s Day:
• Eating chocolate gives a similar feeling to when you fall in love because it triggers the release of endorphins – giddiness, excitement – which makes chocolate an aphrodisiac.
• More than nine million pet owners are expected to buy gifts for their pets this Valentine’s Day
• Physicians of the 1800’s commonly advised their patients to eat chocolate to calm their pining for lost love
• Richard Cadbury produced the first box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day in the late 1800’s
• Every Valentine’s Day, the Italian city of Verona, where Shakespeare’s lovers Romeo and Juliet lived, receives about 1,000 letters addressed to Juliet